Tickets for Colosseum - Skip-the-line entrance
The fastest way into this iconic Roman monument created 2,000 years ago
Behold the mighty Colosseum! A building that looms large not just in Rome but in the minds of people everywhere. It’s truly one of history’s most iconic buildings. Of course, with such prestige come hordes of tourists, but this fast track ticket lets you bypass the plebs, like a modern day Roman dignitary! Plus - with this ticket - you have the option to visit the Colosseum for an hour and then get into the Roman Forum.
Let’s begin at the beginning. Emperors Vespasian and Titus built it from 72-80 C.E. Of course, they didn’t physically build it themselves, they just ordered thousands of slaves to do so. The Colosseum functioned primarily as an amphitheater where Romans of all classes could come and be entertained by games of a rather bloody nature.
Gladiators would be pitted against lions, or you could watch a good old-fashioned hunt or even an execution. It occasionally hosted events of a more elevated nature, such as a munerawhen a private family would rent it so that they could hold a private religious ceremony and show off their power and influence.
Over the centuries the Colosseum has been picked apart by scavengers and ravaged by earthquakes and time, but with 80 entrances, a complicated system of slave-operated hoists under the floor, ramps and trapdoors allowing for beasts, men, and scenery to be raised into the arena, it's still mighty impressive.
Up to 80,000 people would cram into it in its heyday, but now the local authorities limit it to a still-considerable 3,000. The lines are legendary, so this ticket offers you the perfect way to eliminate all the hassle associated with seeing such an icon of world history. Just make sure to follow the instructions on your voucher carefully and your entrance will be as smooth as possible. You’ll meet a multilingual representative 25 minutes before your chosen timeslot (which is also stated on your ticket).
- Address: Piazza del Colosseo 1, Rome 00184, Italy
Meeting point: Green kiosk - Metro Colosseo, line B (exit), 00184, Rome
- All members of your party must be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the allocated time. Late arrivals can't be accommodated and missed tickets can't be refunded
- Show your smartphone ticket to our representative at the meeting point, which is behind the green newsstand outside the Colosseo metro exit (line B/blue line)
Save time by using the special group entrance, the fastest way into the Colosseum
Roam the ruins of the ancient Colosseum, one of the most famous buildings in the world and an enduring symbol of the Eternal City
Enjoy a uniquely intimate visit to an iconic piece of ancient history!
- Instant ticket delivery
- Skip the line entrance
- Smartphone tickets accepted
- Welcome at the meeting point and assistance throughout your visit
- Fast-track access to the Colosseum
- Colosseum map with fun and informative facts
- Speedy security check through special group entrance
- Fast-track access to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill (optional and depending on availability)
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.