Visit the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and the Palatine without queuing up!
- Colosseum : originally called Flavian Amphitheater (from the name of the family under which took place the construction works), it was inaugurated in 80 AC and it’s now known as Colosseum for the nearby statue of Nero that for its size was called “Colossus of Nero”. This complex, declared one of the World Heritages of umanity from UNESCO and included few years ago between the Seven Wonders of the modern world, it housed public events such as fights between gladiators (munera), fights between animals (venationes), re-enactments of famous battles (naumachia) and killing of prisoners, often Christian martyrs (noxii).
- Roman Forum : the valley of the Forum was once a marshy area, but at the end of the 7th century BC after his drainage, there was made a flooring and thus was created a large rectangular square where took place the market and where it converged the major streets like the Via Sacra; over the centuries, there were built many monuments for the political, judicial and religious activities (the Comitium, the Curia, the Temple of Vespasian and Titus, the Temple of Vesta and that of Saturn, the Arch of Septimius Severus, the Basilica of Massenzio, and finally the Column of Foca).
- Palatine : veritable outdoor museum, according to the tradition it was the hill where Romulus and Remus were found and suckled by the Lupa (she-wolf) and where, at the mid-eighth century BC, Romulus himself founded the first nucleus of Rome. In the Republican period it was seat of various cults, in particular that of Magna Mater (Cybele) and that of Apollo and Vesta. During the Imperial Age it was chosen by the Emperor Augustus as a place of residence, and since then there were built all the palaces of the members of the ruling class (that of Nero, of the Flavi, of Tiberius, of Septimius Severus…).
- Address: Piazza del Colosseo, Rome 00184, Italy
- Hours: Daily 9am–7pm (4pm in winter)
- Meeting point: Green kiosk (Google Maps) Metro Colosseo, line B (exit), 00184, Rome
- Colosseum: Piazza del Colosseo 1, 00184, Rome (Google Maps)
All members of your party must be at the meeting point for your timeslot. Late arrivals can’t be accommodated and missed tickets can’t be refunded
Show your smartphone ticket to our representative at the meeting point, which is behind the green newsstand outside the Colosseo metro exit (line B/blue line)
Make sure to bring either a valid ID card or passport per person